Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fondant and Gumpaste final






This cake was a ton of fun to make. I made all the fondant and colored it myself, no packaged fondant used. the gumpaste daisies took about 3 hours to make ahead of time and had to dry. The box with the daisies on the top was very simple to make. My teacher Dhanya is so patient and very helpful. I clearly could not have done this without her. I can't wait until the 2nd week of April to start our next class! I think I will make some more fondant cakes in the meantime to get better at covering the cake and to try out some new ideas. So much FUN!

4 comments:

Dhanya Ganesh said...

The Daisy Cake came out very nice. You did an awesome job .

Vrinda said...

wow u really done a great job with final cake...liked the color combination

ARUNA said...

its so awesome.......how i missed ur blog!!

rosalie manalo corona said...

WOW!!!

Great job on that daisy cake! I didnt take the that course yet, but I hope to.

Did the things you needed for the cake come in the kit?