Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Day to all you Mothers

This was my second attempt at a Red Velvet cake...this time sans the food coloring. I did add about 2 tablespoons of beet powered for color but that seemed to only add a pink tint. Luckily, this cake was not for a customer, but for family. I explained to my family that I am seeking a Red Velvet recipe without food coloring, since so many people object to red dye #40. This recipe tastes the best I have ever tasted... but did not come out red in the least. My family was just as pleased NOT to have the food coloring, so it was all good.
 The buttercream rose was left over from another cake, so since I was a little short of time and creativity, I plunged into my drawer of flowers I have made previously... and put together this cake. It was a huge hit...and by far, my favorite tasting from cake to frosting!

1 comment:

Lance said...

red velvet is my favorite. awesome.